top of page

How to Qualify and
Access Rent and Other
Financial Support

  • Thurston County resident

  • 200% of the Federal Poverty Line or 60% of WA State Median Income – whichever is higher

  • One time assistance per household for costs associated with reduction in income due to  the COVID‐19 pandemic

Here is what CAC will ask for to document eligibility for the funds:
  • Income from a minimum of 1 month previous to the month of service, up to 3 months of  income

  • Proof of address

  • Photo ID of head of household

  • Documentation of reduction of income (i.e. furlough notice, layoff notice, letter from  employer, most recent pay check, or self‐declaration at last resort)

  • Documentation of financial need (i.e. lease agreement, mortgage statement, childcare  invoice, utility bill)

  • W9 from organization/entity/person funds will be distributed

CAC staff will evaluate the household circumstance and determine if other programs within CAC can assist with any portion or full amount of requested assistance. Examples of these programs are: Energy Assistance, Rental Assistance, and Homeless Prevention.

Rental Assistance Fund: 

Please CALL the Community Action Council:  Monday – Thursday, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at (360) 438-1100 or 1-(800) 878-5235.

bottom of page